Prep Time1 minute
Sports drinks provide fluid and electrolytes, but commercial sports drinks contain many additives, including refined sugar and artificial sweeteners, colors, and flavors. You can easily make a healthier version at home using simple and natural ingredients.
- 1 quart unsweetened coconut water
- 1/4 cup 100% juice or herbal (caffeine-free) tea for flavor
- Pure maple syrup to taste
- Pinch of sea salt or pure Himalayan salt Optional
- Splash of fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Combine all ingredients.
- Enjoy fresh!